SkyBox Off-Grid Series is a self contained energy system with an optional battery bank, Victron inverter and switches all housed in a custom IP54 weatherproof enclosure. SkyBox gives everyone freedom and independence from the power grid. Acting as a central ‘brain,’ the SkyBox manages incoming power from your solar, wind, or hydro generators. Balancing these power sources and storing excess energy in the internal batteries, SkyBox creates a reliable off-grid electricity supply. Since any electrician can install it, you can save thousands compared to installing an off grid solar system, through an off grid installer or provider.
The SkyBox is designed for both indoor and outdoor use and provides enormous upgradeable battery capacity in one cabinet. Because of this, you can enjoy all the luxury of being on the grid while being off the grid! When you want to expand, simply add more batteries to suit your storage requirements. SkyBox protects your home with full off-grid power! Reduce the cost of going off-grid and generate your own energy today.
Proudly manufactured in Keysborough, Victoria, SkyBox is built Aussie tough and has a 10-year warranty.
The SkyBox Off-Grid Series is available in 3 different models:
- SkyBox Off-Grid 5kVA Pre-Wired Cabinet (Victron)(5kVA Inverter output with up to 5.8kW Solar & 28.8kWh Battery Storage sold separately)
- SkyBox Off-Grid 8kVA Pre-Wired Cabinet (Victron)(8kVA Inverter output with up to 5.8kW Solar & 28.8kWh Battery Storage sold separately)
- SkyBox Off-Grid 10kVA Pre-Wired Cabinet (Victron)(10kVA Inverter output with up to 5.8kW Solar & 28.8kWh Battery Storage sold separately)
The SkyBox Off-Grid Series 10kVA Pre-Wired Cabinet (Victron) Includes an in-built Victron MultiPlus II 48/10000 with a 450/100 Victron MPPT Solar charger, Victron Cerbo GX, Victron GX Touch, Victron 4G LTE Module & puck, Pre-Wired AC External Switchboard, Pre-Wired external Solar input, Pre-Wired connections for Pylontech US5000-B batteries, Internal Busbars & Circuit Protection.
Note:This unit requires installation by a licensed Electrician & houses 3-6 Pylontech US5000-B rack mount lithium batteries. (Batteries are sold separately and not included)
Note2:SkyBox Off-Grid cabinets are made to order and the lead time can vary from 3-4 weeks approx.
Since developing the SkyBox, our focus has always been to make the installer's life as easy as possible to install the SkyBox. With this in mind, we continue to make updates to the SkyBox, which we have detailed below:
- Addition of an external switchboard. This makes it easier to wire AC connections, including AC out and AC in (generator input). There is no longer a need for cabinet penetrations.
- Manual changeover switch added. If the inverter fails, it can be bypassed to operate off the generator until a technician arrives to fix it.
- DC isolators have been added to the side of the box. These were previously supplied separately in the electrical kit for the installer to assemble.
- Generator Auto start contacts added to the external switchboard. This allows for easier access and wiring.
- Earth Protection is standard via the Victron RS 450/100.
- 4G LTE module and puck added as standard which gives Sky Energy the ability to log in and troubleshoot as required.
- Fans have been upgraded on all models for better cooling of the components.
- All SkyBox cabinets have a Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) before being shipped to site.
Solar Compatible- The SkyBox can be used in off-grid as well as other alternative energy systems. It is compatible with both solar charger controllers and new or existing grid-tie inverters.
No Break Supply- The SkyBox takes over the supply to the connected loads in a grid failure or when generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
Maximum Power- Up to 6 SkyBoxes can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Six units, for example, will provide 25 kW / 30 kVA output power with 420 Amps charging capacity. In addition to parallel connection, three units of the same model can be configured for three-phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected for a 75 kW / 90 kVA inverter and more than 1200 Amps charging capacity!
SkyCare Monitoring- Our free remote monitoring app will display all your system data in a comprehensive graphical format. System settings can be changed remotely via the portal. Alarms can be received by e-mail.
Off-Site Monitoring- When connected to the internet, SkyBox can be accessed remotely, and settings can be changed.
Proudly Aussie made- Every SkyBox is put together and tested by our engineers in our headquarters in Victoria before being shipped out.
Independence from the grid-The SkyBox replaces grid connection supply and provides total independence from the grid.
10-year replacement warranty- The SkyBox comes with a massive 10-year warranty.
Plug and play install for electricians- The great thing about the SkyBox is that your local sparky can install it, and they don’t require an off-grid licence to do so.
No assembly required- The SkyBox comes prewired and pre-programmed for easy installation.
SolarBox Australia will process your order within 1-2 business days. For product availability you can call us, use the chat function or email SolarBox directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org If there is a delay on your order or your item is out of stock you will be emailed immediately to let you know.
Shipping prices are calcuated at checkout depending on weight and where it is being shipped to. View the shipping rules here
What is a warranty? A warranty is a voluntary promise offered by the person or business who sold the product or service to you. Once you buy the product or service, the promise becomes a right that can be enforced under the ACL. Warranties are separate from your automatic consumer guarantees. The consumer guarantees which apply regardless of any warranties suppliers sell or give to you, apply for a reasonable time depending on the nature of the goods or services. This means consumer guarantees may continue to apply after the time period for the warranty has expired.
View the product warranty page here for more information.